how do I change the admin password **

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

sturmey

how do I change the admin password **

Post by sturmey »

I changed the admin password through the web interface, and then got distracted by another project. this timed out my session. I had saved the changes to the admin user, but I had not exited the admin user change screen.

Now I can't log in with the admin user account, nor can I log in with the other named user account. this user was not changed. there is a third user account that can still log in, but this user account doesn't have access to change users.

Is there a way I can change the password in the database so that the admin user can log in again?

---------------------------------------------------------
(this week has been full of these errors not just in this program)
sturmey

Post by sturmey »

OK, never mind I figured out something. For future reference, and for anyone else who winds up in this situation, here is what I finally did:

Code: Select all

UPDATE admin_tbl AS T1, 
     (SELECT pwd_hash 
     FROM admin_tbl 
     WHERE username = 'goodusername') AS T2 
SET T1.pwd_hash = T2.pwd_hash 
WHERE T1.username = 'admin';
replace "goodusername" with the user that has a working password. I'm not sure why the original save password didn't work and caused this, but I was able to get back in and reset everything.
philip

Post by philip »

After transferring OpenEMM from one WinXP-machine to another one I cannot log in.

I tried every version of admin_tbl but no user-password kombination - not even with the original table from openemm.sql - worked.

Is there any possibility to change the password?

If there is no possibility, how do I transfer one OpenEMM installation from one computer to another one? Do I have do expect the same problems with backups?