Viewing Source / HTML when creating message content

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

navic99

Viewing Source / HTML when creating message content

Post by navic99 »

I'm just using the online demo, so maybe this is more customizable with the full install but I don't see an easy way to go back and forth between the html source code view and the regular view when creating a newsletter.

When I first open a new content window, it's in html mode. I can use html tags and when I click on the content link on the left side of the content window, it brings up the full editor (resembles MS word). But when I click the same content link again, it doesn't do anything and I can't go back to html mode. I have to click the content tab up top, and click on the module again to be able to see it in html mode.

Is there a quick back and forth way while I'm editing on the fly?
Last edited by navic99 on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sturmey

Post by sturmey »

the only way to check your html is to save and the go back into the mailing and click on preview. I do most of my composing in an open source program called Kompozer, and then copy and paste the source into the mailing.

Theoretically you couls set up templates for most of what you do, but the info on how to do that is sketchy, so it may be more trouble than it's worth...

regretably there is no "easy" way to switch back and forth
navic99

Post by navic99 »

Bummer...I may have to go with PHPList then. It has this feature. I do a lot of tweaking with my html, so I need it!
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Good idea to improve the usability! We will put that on our roadmap.
OpenEMM Maintainer