Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

linker3000

Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted

Post by linker3000 »

Hi,

I have seen this error mentioned with older versions of OpenEMM, but I am having it with 5.4.0 importing csv files. I receive a batch of about 7 files to be imported one at a time (I have tried one big file and it generates errors) and generally I get a 'pool exhausted' error after 3 imports and have to stop/restart OpenEMM:

An error occurred
Cause: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: Error: org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted

Any thoughts?

Thanks
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Your installation ran out of database connections. Try to increase the connection pool via the file emm.properties and restart OpenEMM.
OpenEMM Maintainer
linker3000

Post by linker3000 »

ma wrote:Your installation ran out of database connections. Try to increase the connection pool via the file emm.properties and restart OpenEMM.
Thanks for the quick reply. I have found the file but no specific 'pool' related variable - is this the right one: "jdbc.maxCount=5"??

L3K
Last edited by linker3000 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Exactly!
OpenEMM Maintainer
linker3000

Post by linker3000 »

Thanks - I have added this to the wiki