This field already exists

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

nemo.omen

This field already exists

Post by nemo.omen »

I'm having a little trouble with adding firlds to profiles. No matter what field I try to create I receive the message "This field ready exists". Has aanyone run into this problem? Any advice?
mgala

sam Problem

Post by mgala »

I am having the same problem. It does not mattger what name or format a field is entered the system always returns a "This field already exists" response.
Any assisstance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mitesh
daniel

Grant privileges to db user

Post by daniel »

Hi,
i experienced the same error as described here. The problem seemed to be missing privileges to the mysql database user, in my case 'agnitas', the standard user provided in the db-setup sql file 'openemm.sql'.

Although privileges are set in the above mentioned file these were apparently not sufficient or maybe the sript caused an error on execution so that not all of the privielegs were set in a correct way.
For lack of time I missed to take a closer look to previous set of privileges when I simply granted ALL PRIVILEGES to the user 'agnitas' on db 'openemm'.

Finally this worked for me that I'm now able to add new fields to profile-database.

Hope I was able to help.
ocb

CREATE privilege

Post by ocb »

Hi,
I had the same problem (OpenEMM 5.1 VMware Image), and fund it sufficent to grant the CREATE privilege to the 'agnitas' user. I think its a bug in the openemm.sql script.

Regards,

Olaf
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

We have to investigate this issue, since the feature works on all of our test machines. Maybe default permissions are different on different platforms.

It would be helpful for us if you provide your OS and version as well the MySQL version you use, i.e. OpenSuse 10.0 + MySQL 4.1.13.

Thank you!
OpenEMM Maintainer
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

The last 2 lines of file openemm.sql, which you are supposed to use to create the openemm database are:

GRANT DELETE, INSERT, UPDATE, LOCK TABLES, SELECT, ALTER, INDEX, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES ON openemm.* TO 'agnitas'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'openemm';

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

The expression "GRANT ALTER" should give OpenEMM the permission to change the structure of a table.
OpenEMM Maintainer
alex78

Post by alex78 »

We confirmed this bug. It only occurs when using mysql version 5.0 and higher. Since mysql 5.0 it is necessary to grant CREATE privilege in order to ALTER a table.

As a workaround you can grant the CREATE privilege to the "agnitas" user.
GRANT DELETE, INSERT, UPDATE, LOCK TABLES, SELECT, ALTER, INDEX, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, CREATE ON openemm.* TO 'agnitas'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'openemm';

see also http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=848488

Thank you for finding this bug!

MySQL Version

Post by ocb »

FYI: Since I'm using the VMWare Image of OpenEMM 5.1, I assume that I'm not using MySQL 5. This is the output of "yum list installed | grep mysql":

mysql.i386 4.1.20-2.RHEL4.1 installed
mysql-server.i386 4.1.20-2.RHEL4.1 installed

Regards,
Olaf